Thursday, January 13, 2011

To the Snow!

We're getting ready for our drive to Shasta! My aunts, uncles, cousins and their children get together every year to play in the snow, enjoy delicious meals and play fun games in front of a fire. My uncle Larry always brings a fabulous selection of wines and all the aunts bring an array of cheeses to sample in the loud and cozy atmosphere. We'll take the kids sledding during the day and warm up at the house we all share, in the afternoon. I'm providing the first main course and I've decided to make a large pot of Italian soup with beans and cabbage, topped with Parmesan adds just the right saltiness. My cousins wife is bringing some bread, salad and one of her delicious desserts. Last year she brought a warm pineapple bread pudding, YUM! I'll be posting pics after our adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment