Friday, January 7, 2011

A Day at Home

Oliver stayed home from school yesterday with a cold. I got him some hot soup and we sat at the co-op together looking out the window watching people and animals pass by. He's so cute, he looked down at our hands and began comparing. "Your pinkie nail is so small mom" he said. Indeed his pinkie is actually bigger than mine! It's incredible, he's getting so big. Seeing your child's hand next to yours, his young little hands growing from a boy's to a man's. When we got home he worked on a science kit that allows you to grow your own germs. Pretty disgusting but he loved working on the stove and preparing petri dishes. We played some cards and giggled together. What a nice pause in the action. It would have taken me a lot longer to realize he was outgrowing me and I might have missed it. I'm glad he got a cold and still wanted to be with his mom. I know those days are numbered.

No comments:

Post a Comment