Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Angel and the Golden Ball


When my children were in preschool, for their birthday, the teacher would tell a story. It went something like this: Once upon a time, high up in the clouds, was and angel who loved to play with a golden ball. One day while she was tossing her ball up and down the ball fell through the clouds. The angel peered down through them to find her ball and saw children playing on the earth. Oh how she longed to play like these children. So she told the mother angel and the mother angel told her she must pick two special people on the earth to care for her. So she looked and looked and finally found the two most special people she could find. So the mother angel whispered into their ears "a baby is coming, a baby is coming". Then the angel traveled over the rainbow bridge where there was much celebration at her arrival.




This is the best that I can remember this story but every time I heard it for my children, my child was placed in my lap wearing a crown and cape with all the other little children making "music", I would cry. Today was Molly's dear teachers birthday, so I had all the children draw a picture and Michael drew a picture for the cover of this beautiful birthday book. She seemed so happy to receive this before school began this morning. I certainly enjoyed helping it come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment