Monday, October 4, 2010

Mincemeat Coffee Cake


This is the delicious mincemeat coffee cake I made yesterday that was sampled by my daughter Molly and her neighborhood friends. It smells mouthwatering while it's baking. I made the mincemeat myself from the pears here in the orchard and our green tomatoes left on the vines. The girls loved it! I also was able to finish the little dress my friend Maya and I worked on last week! So very exciting to sew for the first time. She has pics on her blog site so check it out!http://urbanorganica.typepad.com/

Mincemeat Coffee Cake


Streusel

1 cup flour (I like to use a mix of whole wheat and white)

1/2 cup sucanat

4 tsp ground cinnamon

1/2 cup softened butter


Batter

2 cups flour (again I use a mix)

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 cup softened butter

3/4 cup sucanat

1 tsp vanilla

3 large eggs

1 cup low fat yogurt


Mincemeat filling

1 14 oz jar mock mincemeat or homemade

1 large egg


Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease 9x13 pan. For streusel, mix dry ingredients and cut butter in until crumbly. For batter, mix flour, baking powder and soda. Cream butter, sucanat and vanilla until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in yogurt. Mix in dry ingredients in 3 parts mixing well after each addition. Mix egg into mincemeat. Spread half the batter into pan and sprinkle with half the streusel followed by all the mincemeat. Cover with remaining batter and streusel. I baked this for about 40 mins. Insert cake tester to check doneness. ENJOY!




No comments:

Post a Comment