Monday, November 1, 2010

What Remains

The day after Samhain/Halloween, what's left behind? A room that was full of warm souls, now just the traces of what was a beautiful night remain. Dishes, food, candy and candle stubs; wilting pumpkins, empty glasses and burnt incense sticks. Memories of what was many years ago and what was moments ago, fill the spirit. One day, we'll be on the altar and these memories that we've created with our children will endure. Maybe they will pour a glass of wine for me!
CELTIC NEW YEAR BY VAN MORRISON
If I don't see you through the week
See you through the window
See you next time that we're talking on the telephone
And if I don't see you in that Indian summer
Then I want to see you further on up the road
I said, oh won't you come back?
I have to see you my dear
Want you to come back home in the Celtic New Year?

No comments:

Post a Comment