Friday, February 4, 2011

Smooth as Silk!

Yesterday's little cooking class went wonderfully! I had three of Molly's friends and of course Molly working the kitchen here in the Shire. They enjoyed every part of the process, from dishes to glazing the little tea cookies. An hour and a half was just the right amount of time for them to be able to produce something they were clearly proud of and we all had a fun time along the way. It's a beautiful sunny day today and another tour of students walks in mass around the grounds, hopefully taking away some ideas for future development. The trees are already starting to bud and bloom making spring feel closer each day. My layers of jackets, sweater, gloves and hat are in a heap on the couch from this mornings ride. It occurred to me that I think this is the first time in ten years that I've received a check with my name on it! Maybe I'll frame it. I told the kids we're going to make pizza next week and they were so excited about picking herbs and greens from the yard. After class ended, they all went out to play and search for the lady bugs in the fava bed. Just so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment