Friday, February 10, 2012

No, We're Not Getting You a Phone

"Everyone, well almost everyone, has a phone but me!" I really don't know how true this is but it certainly feels true to Oliver. We're just not going to do it. I asked him if he was going to call his boss, the bank...what? Tears streaming down his face, he just stared. It becomes such a real pain to feel left out or behind the group. Here we go again, appreciate what you DO have and what we ARE giving you. Michael mentioned to him how much he loves to watch them listen to me read every night, how we don't want to see them just plugged into a screen. It's bad enough that we are looking at them way too often. This is the part of being on a "track" that just really bugs me. We are all moving "this way", everyone "this way". I hate conformity and I do my best to stir the pot so we don't end up homogenized. Ooooh, somethings brewing and I'm excited! What to do, what to do? Ideas abound!

No comments:

Post a Comment