Monday, May 23, 2011

Lemon Balm Tea

It was a rough night for me and my little guy. I lost count of how many times I felt his head and gave him sips of water. Today he is home and resting on the couch. Lemon balm tea is an excellent option for fever reduction that we are going to try today. My friend Kami Mcbride, whose book you can find on My Wish List Store, gave me a call in the middle of the night to give me some much needed support. We do use Ibuprofen when it gets too high but I also believe the body needs to burn off in order to have better health long term. As long as he doesn't have the classic signs of meningitis, such as stiff neck or pain with movement, and we keep him super hydrated, we can let his body do it's job. I'll go out to the garden and gather some lemon balm, pour boiling water over the herb and let it steap for 15 minutes. Thank you Kami for your wonderful herbal wisdom and friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment