Saturday, April 23, 2011

Too Many

So tomorrow is Easter and my to do list is long. No matter how much I'm able to get done, it seems that nothing will be done "enough" to please all. I'm supposed to bake lemon meringue pies for my aunts dinner, dye eggs with the kids, shop for Easter basket stuff, dishes, laundry, replace dead flowers to make the house look pretty, help Oliver finish a report, go to Yuba City to see my mom and neighbors, make something for the early morning egg hunt and brunch here in the Shire, and by the way Michael works until about 5 today so he can't help me. Realistically then, I'll be buying a pie to take to Claudia's and that will have to be good enough. It's one of those things where you really want to be able to take in the beauty of the experience with your kids and instead you end up overwhelmed, snappy and wishing you lived in Australia! :) It is wonderful to have so many people that love you and your children, I just wonder if anyone realizes how much pressure is placed on our little family to drive around making sure everyone gets a piece of us. As hard as it is on me, I know how happy my kids are to spend time with everyone and so I will run around like a mad woman trying to make sure we meet every ones expectations. I'll look forward to Monday when school starts back up again!

No comments:

Post a Comment