Thursday, July 22, 2010

Introduction to the Shire

Just getting this up and running! It's a beautiful day here in the Shire and the kids are soaking it up with their friends. I went for a good walk this morning around the large green and community garden area. All the sunflowers and corn are towering! Yesterday, Michael and I went to the plum orchard with my aunt Denise's pickers and plucked some of the juiciest plums I've ever had! Jam? Denise lives across the street but all our homes face greenbelts so you rarely encounter anything but bikes while walking from house to house. I'm looking forward to using the bike paths this fall when Oliver and Molly go back to school. They both attend a waldorf school a little ways from here. For now we will continue to enjoy the bounty of our gardens and maybe exchange some tomatoes for zucchini!

No comments:

Post a Comment