Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fog?

There's a light fog misting the Shire this morning. I've opened the back door to let in some of the cool air that carries the scent of earth and roses. Oliver's finishing up some matzo ball soup with challah that Michael made for dinner last night. Our tender little grape leaves are once again urging me to pickle and wrap little bundles of rice, spices and pine nuts. I've yet to make dolmas and I just love them. I have a recipe in the Nourishing Traditions cookbook that I will try this spring. Maybe I'll do this with my little cooking class on Thursday's. This Sunday the neighborhood gathers on the grass in front of the house next door for an Easter brunch and egg hunt for all the children. The adults hide the eggs up and down the green belt and it doesn't matter that a good portion, including the family hosting, are Jewish. Everyone just enjoys this very pagan ritual in their little dresses and colorful baskets. The children walk out their back doors into a magical garden filled with flowers and friendly faces. I am a lucky woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment