Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sweet Success

Last week, my cooking class was full for the first time and it was so fun! The kids really are into the whole process. I've decided for the kids to have a bake sale once a month to help contribute to the cost of their classes. Talk about staying local and supporting community! The children pay me, I shop at the co-op (or pick from the garden), I teach them a class, they sell to our neighborhood and the neighborhood supports them! I just love it! This week we're making "floating islands" since they are so interested in baking. Playing with egg whites is so fun, watching them grow as they're beaten and sweetened. I am getting such joy out of this experience and am so amazed by the response. Here's to doing what speaks to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment